Memphis Belle

I never like much of battle/war movies much actually.
But yesterday, I was off, and my dad was watching this movie, and so I sat down and watch too.



This war movie wasn't like any others that normally about the senarios or history of a certain place. This one is about the war plane "Memphis Belle" or just "Belle" as the soldiers would call her. It is a World War II bomber with all young crews onboard, they have to finish their 25th and final mission in 1943, to Bremen bombing a Nazi supply factory, after that they can all go home. I wouldn't say much about the story, you have to watch it yourself, worth the time.

After watching it, I really feel like mentioned by families of the soldiers in the movies, there's many other ways of solving political problems other then war.


Memphis Belle during refurbishment in 2003. from wikipedia

I searched up info about Belle. It is still now at National Museum of the United States Air Force. It was the first US bomber to complete 25 combat missions with its crews intact. Maybe it's a lucky plane after all =D I wish I would one day gets to see it.
Do check out its OST too, it includes the famous tune Danny Boy or Londonderry Air.



I am now too reading an e-book written by the pilot of Memphis Belle, Col. Robert K. Morgan who passed away in 15 May 2004. This book "The Man Who Flew Memphis Belle" was published in 2001. He would visit Belle every year he said in the book. I guess now, Belle would miss him already.


Pilot Robert Morgan identified himself, third from left, in a 1943 photo of the crew during the unveiling of a Memphis Belle tribute last year in Memphis.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moved in

EI...Possession?