North Point : Street Markets

I wanted to go out on my own for some adventures for a while already, but I just couldn't get my butt off this chair. So finally this morning I woke up and I tell myself I will go out!
Where to? Somehow, I love to go to street markets at Hong Kong, especially those with a lot of things to look at (or buy) and cheap.

Actually there's one near my area, which located at Pei Ho, Sham Shui Po (SSP), but recently I have been to SSP for so many times, for meals and dessert, so I decided to go elsewhere. I looked up on net for some other street markets available and I found Chung Yeung Street Market which is located at North Point. So off I go, MTR my way to North Point.
I took the long way to escape the crowd. I decided to go to North point by Yau Tong interchange, when I reach north point, as I was walking, someone tapped on my shoulders... when I looked up, was my lecturer, Nadim! Hong Kong's really small huh!

Actually the last time I went to North Point, I had egglets, at King's Road.



But this time around I exited the MTR station by the A2 exit, and I look for road sign boards. I found out there's another street market there~ Marble Road Street Market~!!



There's actually a lot of things to buy there, and cheap.
I got myself

a pair of jeans (hkd39)
3 pairs of socks (hkd10 for 3)
a turtle neck long sleeve tee (hkd49)
1 roll of musical notes designs wallpaper (hkd5)

That is in total HKD103 = about RM42~

I was like omg! That's one street market! And I haven't found the one I wanted to visit!
So I kept walking, on the way finding that, I actually went into another shop and bought another checkered shirt for hkd20~ that is like RM8

So there goes RM50!
Can you believe it? RM50 you can get a pair of jeans and 2 tops already? and 3 pairs of socks?

So I continue walking, and I found King's Road playground, more like a park. So I went in and sat a while. Packed my stuffs into my backpack and wore my jacket. Drank some water and check my map.

Behind that park is this


The Hong Kong Customs and Excise Department. Super random findings really!
As I continue searching for Chun Yeung St. Market, I realized I was walking towards the wrong direction, so I turned back, but I decided to walk with another road parallel to where I have been walking, turns out, it was King's Road, lol~

I walk along that road and I saw a shop clearance, I almost wanted to buy the pair of Nike shoes there, HKD200 only~ but in the end I didn't. And then I saw McD, I decided to go in and have my really late lunch and the per usual McChicken burger + small coke + small fries (HKD18) as other sets of value meals here are all quite expensive, the cheapest value set would be Nuggets or Fillet O Fish, HKD20 per set. Anyhow I went for a burger instead as it'll be more filling~

Oh ya, before I went into McD, I actually went into this Salvation Army family stores which sells a lot of 2nd hand stuffs and then make it as donation. They even have used clothes tagged as "TVB"! I wonder, is those like, from the dramas or what =P


And after the McD late lunch, I finally found Chun Yeung St. Market.
As I read from the net, it was call as Little Shanghai long time ago as you can get many goods here.
I find it very interesting as it is a street market where both sides have shops and stalls but there's tram track in the middle, so occasionally, you see trams passing by, and ringing the bell "ding ding" =D


And so from this Street market, I got myself some vege and tomatoes (3 for hkd10 - 2 kind of vege and some tomatoes) and also some prawns for hkd10 too~! That is like RM8 can get myself some ingredients for 2 dishes already~

It's almost 6 when I left Chun Yeung street and headed towards MTR station again, and then only I realized, both street markets are just side by side haha~ divided by a flyover~ no wonder I can't see it! And guess what? As I pass by Marble St market again, I got myself a pair of new sneakers for HKD99 (RM40) which consider quite expensive already, since I can get much cheaper at Fa Yuen St, but the design is nice so I bought it. So there, almost top to toes with RM100~ =P


By the incoming of new shoes, means old ones have to go, this time...2 go off, bye bye



Got back to hostel about 7pm~ had a great dumpling dinner cooked by my tutor Cherry!
Yum!


Happy Winter Solstice everyone!


Comments

  1. Great exploration ya? I also love to walk around the markets there but didn't have enough time to explore like u did. Love the new shoes. I noticed your writings now, are really good and creative as well as got this "feel" to it. Could it be influenced by fetish ness in pen drive ? Hehe cheers, take care. Oh btw, how's my graffiti artwork? Constructive comments? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Moved in

EI...Possession?