Yamaha Electone Concours and Festival 2008

Posted on 1st July 2008

A year past so quickly. I still remember last year me and my mom randomly went to watch Electone Concours. That time I wasn’t even an electone student yet, just went for the sake of interested and curiousity towards the Electone, Stagea was launched on 2004.

This year, again I went to watch the event, which held at the same venue, Plenary Theatre, KL Convention Centre. This is my 3rd time in this hall this year. First was JOC. Second was Cannes Prediction. Third was this Electone Concours.

Watching this year’s event was more complete feeling than last year because I went to the regional finals as well. This one’s the national finals at Plenary Theatre.

The ticket

The booklet

~ so cute the design

The stage


~ There’s only 2 Stagea Custom on stage this year, no Mini was on stage. Last year they have 2
Minis on stage.
~ There’s also a Clavinova piano and a drumset.

The participants

~ Participants this year all are quite young but all very skillful. Great!

The gang

~ William, my usual electone dude who i am glad he could make it to the event this year.
~ Thian, my sweet buddy who would always accompany me.
~ Hui, my online buddy who almost everyday heard me talk about electone stuffs, which eventually
got interested to watch the event together =)

My electone teacher’s friends also took part, happy they won awards too.
Here’s the winners list :


Concours Category
This section’s Grand Prix winners with represent Malaysia in Asia Electone Festivals in Indonesian during August.

    Junior Section


Grand Prix
Name : Adriana Chiew Jia-Yi
Age : 9
Song : Mountain Dance

Distinguish award
Name : Mai Wen Qi
Age : 11
Song : Cheese On Mouse (featured in JOC before)

    Open Age


Grand Prix
Name : Lily Tan Lei Ching
Age : 21
Song : Cypher

Distinguish award
Name : Ruth Yan Hui Ying
Age : 19
Song : Beyond The Horizon


Festivals Category

    Open Solo Section


Outstanding awards
Name : Tee Hong Keat
Age : 14
Song : Pirates Of The Carribean

Name : Wong Yik Chin
Age : 11
Song : Oriental

    Free-style Section (Ensemble)


Outstanding awards
Name : Muse Mob
Song : Jyonetsu Tairiku

Name : Thirtysixer
Song : Spain

Best Entertainer
Name : Dinah Leom
Song : Sway

Best Costume
Name : Passion
Song : Stupid Cupid

I really really enjoyed the show so much!
Can’t wait for next year already!
Perhaps more updates soon, stay tuned!

*Thanks to William for the photos*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moved in

EI...Possession?